dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Hudson Related ...

From: Dinesh Patil <dinesh.patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:04:48 -0700

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Dinesh Patil wrote:
>
>> In hudson, job configuration
>> http://glassfishbuildtools.sun.com:8000/hudson/job/glassfish
>> (/configure which is not accessible other than admin-role) we have
>> setup "module as glassfish/bootstrap" in "Source Code Management" as
>> checking out glassfish would be too long as it will checkout
>> unnecessary modules/source from java.net under glassfish modules.
>

> I keep mentioning this, but you should really just let Hudson check
> out the whole glassfish.

If i checkout whole glassfish, it will checkout whole appserv-tests
module where all devtests and other unrequired sources will be checked
out which takes long time on this machine just to do checkout (after 1hr
also the checkout wasn't finished when i changed this as per your
suggestion)

> The checkout really just happens only once, when you set up a job, and
> from then on you'll be just updating.

checkout happens only once, but if you have these other sources checked
out then it still checks for update which is unnecessary and time-consuming.

> And besides, that's presumably what you've been doing with Tinderbox
> anyway.

> So why is it suddenly an issue with Hudson that it checks out
> "unnecessary modules"?

Tinderbox never checks out whole glassfish module, it exactly runs the
same commands that Glassfish on Hudson has.
> cvs co -d :pserver:<java-net id>@cvs.dev.java.net glassfish/bootstrap
> cd glassfish/bootstrap
> maven checkout bootstrap-all build configure-runtime

In the above step we don't checkout those unnecessary modules and sources.
thanks
Dinesh