dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: java-web-start directory in config?

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:37:32 -0600

Kedar,

We need a way to serve a signed version of an application's generated
app client jar file for Java Web Start launches of an app client. If an
app client needs permissions beyond the Java Web Start sandbox
permission set in order to run correctly, then Java Web Start requires
that the jar be signed. The
.../domains/<domain-name>/java-web-start/<app-name> directory is where
we ask the administrator to deposit the signed version of the generated
app client jar file so we can download it to end-user systems during a
JWS launch.

These directories are created during deployment.

- Tim