dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB3 EJB2.1 ?

From: Sanjeeb Kumar Sahoo <Sanjeeb.Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:07:18 +0530

Hi Andre,

Jerome Dochez wrote:

> Marina Vatkina wrote:
>
>> Resending to a larger audience for input.
>>
>> -marina
>>
>> Hale India wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sanjeeb
>>>
>>> Thank you for this information.
>>> When you say that they work together you mean :
>>> 1) Glassfish can be compile with mustang ?
>>
> I never tried but I think it should work. I will try when I have a
> minute...
>
>>> 2) WS made using embeded JAX-WS in mustang can be
>>> deployed in Glassfish compile with mustang ?
>>
> yes, as long as they are JSR 109 compliant
>
>>> 2) WS made using embedded JAX-WS in mustang can be
>>> deployed in Glassfish compile with java 1.5 ?
>>
> no, you would get a ClassVersion exception

One minor clarification here. You only mentioned about compiling
GlassFish using JDK 1.5. You did not mention about what JDK to be used
at runtime. You will get ClassVersion exception unless you use Mustang
or higher version JDK at runtime. GlassFish does not have to be compiled
with Mustang to be able to deploy Mustang generated classes into GlassFish.

Thanks,
Sahoo