dev@glassfish.java.net

Web App Deployment Issue

From: Jason Lee <lee_at_iecokc.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:36:46 -0600

I currently have several web apps deployed to Glassfish (b39 nightly
from 28 Feb). Two sample context roots: /jira and /FivePartTag.

When I first deploy the apps, they work fine. When I bounce the
container, things get screwy. For /jira, I get a 404. For
/FivePartTag, it complains that it can no longer find my Hibernate
mapping files. If I go to the admin web app, and, for each application,
make either add or remove the leading / in the context root then click
save, the applications start working again. After what is basically a
completely trivial change, the apps automagically start working. On a
possibly related not, Jira complains that it can't find osworkflow.xml,
though it is in WEB-INF/classes in the exploded WAR, right where the
Jira devs said it should be. Might be similar to the hbm.xml issue
above.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is there a way to fix that on my
end, or is that a code issue? Thanks!

--
Jason Lee
Programmer/Analyst