dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: a syntax error in glassfish/bootstrap/project.xml

From: Dinesh Patil <dinesh.patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:30:12 -0800

Markus Fuchs wrote:

> Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
>

>> You need to have the <license> tag in the <licenses> tag. See
>> http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/project-descriptor.html
>>
>> This makes it impossible to build glassfish with Maven 1.1 beta.

Yes this can be modified as below, but is this the only change required
in project.xml? since we don't have other tags like version, branch etc.
   <licences>
        <licence>
            <name>Sun's Licence</name>
            <url>java.net/glassfish</url>
            <distribution>manual</distribution>
        </licence>
    </licences>

GlassFish currently builds and tested with Maven 1.0.2, where we didn't
see this problem.

> I also got a stack-overflow because of the ${glassfish.jar} definition
> in project.properties and ant:echo task in maven.xml. (This was with
> maven 1.1 beta2)

if you have any patches which will work with both maven versions, please
submit it.
thanks
Dinesh