dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish build process: can't it be easier?

From: Dinesh Patil <dinesh.patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 19:46:49 -0800

Byron Nevins wrote:

> What's the fuss about? I build from scatch all the time and it is
> very FAST and easy !

this was for simplifying the build instructions and checkout glassfish
module instead of using "maven checkout" command. so user can checkout
using following command.

|% cvs -d :pserver:<userid>@cvs.dev.java.net:/cvs checkout glassfish
% cd glassfish/bootstrap
% maven bootstrap build configure-runtime

but otherwise we are discussing on any issues on current build
framework, and try to get feedback so we can improve on any missing pieces.

thanks
Dinesh