dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Checking out glassfish/www on Windows box

From: Carla Mott <Carla.Mott_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:32:06 -0800

Hi Ostap,

And here I thought I was the only one checking out that part of the
workspace...

I am aware of the issue however I can not fix it as I don't have admin
priviledges to glassfish module. I do have meeting Monday at 10am PST to
to resolve this. It is a problem on Windows when there are filenames
that differ in case only AND there is a tag on the workspace. On Unixed
based system oelig.gif and OElig.gif are not the same file.

Note that if you are building GlassFish, the www directory is not used
in the app server build. www is where the webpages for the site are kept.
To avoid this problem use the instructions in building GlassFish to get only
the parts of the workspace that you really need. See
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/BuildGlassFish#Complete_Instructions_on_how_to_Build

Carla

--
Carla Mott