dev@glassfish.java.net

illegal HTTP method in jacc.HttpMethodSpec

From: Matthew L Daniel <mdaniel_at_scdi.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:57:38 -0400

I don't recognize the jacc.HttpMethodSpec class, I'm assuming it's an
internal Sun class, even though it's in the jacc package.

Further, and to the point of my question, the kind soul who threw this
exception didn't see fit to say _what_ the illegal HTTP method was. Has
anyone else run into this while connecting to Glassfish using the J2EE
RI deploytool or NetBeans 4.2 Server connection?

  Thanks,
  -- /v\atthew

[#|2005-07-20T16:37:46.259-0400|SEVERE|SpankinAS9.0|org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter|_ThreadID=12;|An exception or error occurred in the container during the request processing
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: illegal HTTP method
        at
javax.security.jacc.HttpMethodSpec.makeMethodSet(HttpMethodSpec.java:116)
        at
javax.security.jacc.HttpMethodSpec.getMethodSet(HttpMethodSpec.java:90)
        at
javax.security.jacc.WebUserDataPermission.<init>(WebUserDataPermission.java:246)
        at
com.sun.web.security.WebSecurityManager.hasUserDataPermission(WebSecurityManager.java:407)
        at
com.sun.web.security.RealmAdapter.hasUserDataPermission(RealmAdapter.java:612)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:526)

--
Matthew L Daniel               It's hard to keep your shirt on when
mdaniel_at_scdi.com           you're getting something off your chest.