dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: appserv-tests and PermGen space

From: Matthew L Daniel <mdaniel_at_scdi.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:46:30 -0400

> in domain1/config to up the Xmx and XX:PermSize to no avail (or in some
> cases it got much worse).

Sorry to follow-up my own post, but I wanted to report back and ask an
additional question.

I finally achieved success by changing the Xmx512 to Xmx2g and adding
PermSize=256m and MaxPermSize=2g, with the one addition that I missed
before: changing "-client" to "-server".

I have not yet done extensive testing to see where the break-even point
is with the PermSize stuff, but wanted to ask about the "-server" flag.
Is it reasonable to think the change from "client" to "server" matters?

  Thanks,
  -- /v\atthew