dev@glassfish.java.net

appserv-tests and PermGen space

From: Matthew L Daniel <mdaniel_at_scdi.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:21:35 -0400

> [#|2005-07-18T12:02:22.206-0400|SEVERE|TestAbbrevProductName9.0|javax.enterprise.system.container.web|_ThreadID=13;|StandardWrapperValve[RemoteJmxConnectorServlet]:
> Servlet.service() for servlet RemoteJmxConnectorServlet threw
> exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space |#]

It seems to die in the same spot all the time. I have tried altering my
maven startup script, the .antrc and once I hacked on every config file
in domain1/config to up the Xmx and XX:PermSize to no avail (or in some
cases it got much worse).

I am trying to find out which area I should focus my attentions. It
seems to be the domain1 config, since I bet Maven and Ant are out of the
picture before it gets to the Servlet.service method.

My environment is Linux/x86_64 (known as amd64 in JRE terms) with 2G of
physical memory and 2G of swap. I am on JDK 1.5.0_04, Maven 1.0.2 and I
have done CVS updates every day.

  I appreciate any advice on this,
  -- /v\atthew