admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Clustering Infrastructure (Syncronization, Dynamic reconfiguration) testing one pager

From: Elena Asarina <elena.asarina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:47:23 -0700

Hello Tom,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Please see the answers bellow:
1) When I will complete the automation, I'm planning to execute the
tests on all machines that we have under hudson, but at least one
Windows, one Linux, one Solaris and for sure OEL (because I saw how
many problem had HA in memory on that machine).
2) This will be only a functional testing.
3) I'm not planning to include any I10n tests, if you want me to include
any I10n tests please let me know.
4) The automation will be done using perl. I'm running the tests in a
configuration of two machines, two clusters, four instances. I.e. the
script is connecting with remote machines using SSH. So far I've
automated about a half of the testcases. When I will complete the
automation, the tests will be executed under hudson.
I want to mention that I've automated already, I would say, a
functional part of INFRA requirements. I.e. execute all commands (from
the list that was provided on the meeting), check that commands were
executed really (not only reported success or failure) and gave the
expected results.
I hope that when Shaline will be back, she will check the help of the
commands, check that all options of all commands can be executed and so on.
5) I've excluded SYNC-008 because Alex reviewed my one pager and wrote:

"Please revise your one pager to include SYNC-008 to the "will not do"
list and also
remove SYNC-008, SYNC-009 from the Project availability section."

6) I think, that I've answered already on the question of multiple
servers, in short - two machines.

 I want to write a real test plan that will include these topics and
other topics.

Yesterday Alex asked to collect the approvals of one pagers by next
Tuesday.
Do you want me to change anything in one pager , i.e. in a document that
is written using a one pager template.

Thank you,
Elena