admin@glassfish.java.net

Item for next Tuedays's iTeam Meeting

From: Byron Nevins <byron.nevins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:55:57 -0700

Will 3.1 turn off all normal admin command processing for instances? If
so -- how?

There are a LOT of commands that assume the server is "server". If
these commands never run inside an instance -- then we don't have to
change them much -- because they ARE running in a server named "server".

On the other hand an instance does not have a server element with the
name "server" and much of the code does not check for null!

p.s. my vote for the worst possible default name for a server in the
history of C.S. is: "server"! Impossible to grep on it...
.

--
Byron Nevins  -  Oracle Corporation
Home: 650-359-1290