admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Item for next Tuedays's iTeam Meeting

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:35:23 -0700

Byron Nevins wrote on 4/14/10 10:55 PM:
> Will 3.1 turn off all normal admin command processing for instances?

I don't think so. asadmin commands sent to the DAS will be cascaded
to the instances for execution there, using the same admin command
mechanism.

> There are a LOT of commands that assume the server is "server".

As a default for "target"? If so, yes, there's a lot that needs to be
fixed to support a different target. Perhaps we can do it in a generic
way that reduces the amount of code needed for each command?

If they're using it for something else, what?