admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Pathnames for V3

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:22:09 -0700

Lloyd,

I understand the motivation. But we have to pick something
here. I can bring this up in the arch review of CLI spec, but
it seems to me that higher level commands are a must. Remember,
not all configuration we have comes from an abstract hierarchy
of config/other objects. I request you not to concentrate just
on domain.xml. I however, tend to agree with you for the
configuration that goes to domain.xml -- it is best served
with generic and well defined addresses like paths, but we
have lot of other things to take care of.

I think the general direction is commands that convey their
purpose via English language verbs are here to stay. Please
reconsider your vision in the light of this imminent thing.

Thanks,
Kedar