admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to make an Update Center module

From: Rajeshwar V Patil <Rajeshwar.Patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:52:44 -0700

Hello Jason,
Please refer to the following blog
http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium/entry/writing_addons_as_update_center

Based on requirement, your UC module can be of any of the following type:
ARCHIVE (http://javaee-updates.java.sun.com/beta/modules/grails/0_1/grails-0_1.nbm)
APPLICATION (http://javaee-updates.java.sun.com/beta/modules/woodstock/4_1/woodstock-4_1.nbm)
ADDON_INSTALLER (http://javaee-updates.java.sun.com/beta/modules/ssg/1_0_2/ssg-1_0_2.nbm)
ADDON_CONFIGURATOR (http://javaee-updates.java.sun.com/beta/modules/portlet_container/portlet_container-2_0b.nbm)

Please download and see the respective module type for its structure/content. ARCHIVE type is unzipped under GlassFish installroot as it is preserving the zipped directory structure. APPLICATION type module get deployed on GlassFish on installation. ADDON_INSTALLER and ADDON_CONFIGURATOR type can be used in case of more complex installation and configuration requirements. For more information on addons, please refer to following links-
https://updatecenter.dev.java.net/addon/javadoc/api/com/sun/appserv/addons/Installer.html
https://updatecenter.dev.java.net/addon/javadoc/api/com/sun/appserv/addons/package-summary.html

Also, you need to provide three html description pages for your module. Attaching the example files.

Thanks
--
Rajeshwar Patil  -  (408) 276-4407  - Sun Microsystems, Inc.