admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Hard to use enterprise profile, and Glassfish and SJAS91u2 differ in this regard

From: Sathyan Catari <Sathyan.Catari_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 16:27:57 -0700

Thanks for taking time to write this up, Useful information for the
bundles of GlassFish
that do not support such out-of-the box configuration to ease enterprise
profile.

However, We do have a bundle that sets up the application server domain
with enterprise profile.

The installer of this bundle does the following(the pieces that are done
manually in the instructions)

1). Installing nspr,nss libraries and certificate management
utilities(certutil, pk12util).
(Installed under <InstallDir>/lib)

2). Setting up required configuration entries in asenv<.conf | .bat>

3). Setting up NSS and NSPR paths in all of the scripts under
<InstallDir>/bin directory.

4). Creating a default domain(domain1) with "enterprise profile".
Subsequent domain
creation would also result in domains created with this profile. Please
refer to <InstallDir>/config/asadminenv[.conf]
file for AS_ADMIN_PROFILE entry.

You may download this bundle that currently has *9.1U1 with HADB* from under

http://www.sun.com/download/index.jsp?cat=Application%20%26%20Integration%20Services&tab=3&subcat=Application%20Servers

We are looking into extending such configurations to other bundles of
GlassFish also and the instructions you have provided
are very valuable to this process.

Thanks
Sathyan