admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Question for Remote Command Developers

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 09:18:00 -0700

On Apr 8, 2008, at 7:43 AM, Prashanth Abbagani wrote:
> This will be useful. But for boolean parameters, can we encourage
> the developers to declare the param as boolean type (as against
> String), and you implicitly validate the option value for (true or
> false).

right, I like the feature but not the example...

we should have
@Param(optional=true)
Boolean enabled

and let the system figure out the conversion (constructor with String
paramerter).

having said that, the acceptableValues is interesting for other
things, and could/ should be enhanced to support range :
like
@Param(acceptableValues="0..100")
Integer numberOfThreads;

Jerome