admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: A Couple GlassFish/SJSAS Questions for a Very Important Client]

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 15:55:59 -0500

There is one case in which remote access to DTDs or schemas can occur.
(I doubt it's happening here because the admin GUI app is the one of
interest, but just for completeness...)

We map the identifying information in the DTD or schema to local copies
of the relevant files. We have had cases in which a user has manually
created a descriptor and misspelled some of the that information - I
remember specifically an incorrect DTD system ID. When GlassFish fails
to find it locally (because of the misspelling) it tries to use the
public ID from the DTD which normally refers to the Sun site. If the
user spelled that part correctly then the remote retrieval succeeds and
things work - although slowly.

- Tim