admin@glassfish.java.net

Pre-TP2 Review of GlassFish Administration Guide

From: Dixie Pine <Dixie.Pine_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:58:25 -0700

Greetings,

I have attached a PDF copy of the /GlassFish v3 TP2 Administration
Guide/ for your review.

        *Review Dates: Thursday 4/17/08-Wednesday 4/23/08*

Here's what has happened with this manual:

    * *TP2 Content Only*
      I have removed all material that does not apply to TP2. Please
      let me know if more material should be removed.
    * *Reorganized*
      I have reorganized the chapters and split the former security
      chapter into System Security and User Security. I've done lots of
      renaming of sections, sometimes guesswork, so any suggestions for
      improvements are welcome.
    * *Streamlined*
      I have streamlined the overview material, which means there is now
      less of it. I would still like to reduce the amount of explanatory
      material in the System Security chapter.
    * *Task Based*
      I have written tasks for the asadmin CLI commands that are
      included in TP2. The Admin Guide is all about asadmin now, not
      about the Admin Console GUI. The only Admin Console procedures
      that are still in the manual are in the Logging chapter, because
      I haven't had time to determine what asadmin commands can do those
      tasks.

      Many of the new tasks are incomplete. Most of the settings
      material is incomplete. I have done as much as I had time for,
      extrapolating from man pages and the Admin Console online help.
      Now I need reviewers to help me fill in the gaps and fix the gaffs.

In email feedback, please specify the PDF page number for your comment.
A paper markup is also great. Or a phone call. The doc team is using the
following list of contributors from GlassFish engineering, so if you are
a SME in an area addressed in this manual, please review.

http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishV3DocPlan#section-GlassFishV3DocPlan-EngineeringStaff

I will only have a few days to make corrections to the manual before TP2
delivery, so review soon.
Thanks very much,
Dixie
x15591