admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: AI from Admin iTeam Mtg - list of CLI cluster supported commands

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 00:27:50 -0700

Paul Davies wrote:
>>> From this comment, it appears that they are available whenever the
>>> command is available. Is that correct? [The answer determines whether
>>> I edit or delete the existing text in the man pages.]
>>

>> That's the intent, but there are unfortunate limitations because we
>> weren't able to completely change the implementation to remove the
>> restrictions that existed with editions.
>
> What effect do those limitations have on options whose availabilty used
> to be determined by the edition? Is the availability of these options
> determined by how a domain is configured? Or are they available whenever
> the command is available?

They're based on how the domain is configured. My understanding is the
commands are always "available", but sometimes they work and sometimes
they fail, based on the configuration. (Which is different from how it
worked with editions, where some commands didn't even exist at all in
some editions so they failed with a "command not found" error instead of
a "configuration doesn't support that" error.)

>> This command is available only in domains that are configured
>> to support clusters, such as domains created using the "cluster"
>> or "enterprise" profiles.
>
> With very minor changes to accommodate the needs of Sun editorial style,
> I'll use this wording.

Great, thanks.