users@genericjmsra.java.net

Re: Glassfish Cluster --> Remote IBM MQSeries. Need help!

From: Ramesh <Ramesh.Parthasarathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 08:01:06 +0530

Hi Alessandro,
    You would need the mq series jar files on the glassfish machine, i
dont think there is any work around for this. If there is a way by which
you could point to the mq jars, that should work too (you have to check
mq series docs/license).
  For creating the jms bindings file, you could create it on the server
and then copy it (.bindings) over to the client, that should work.

Also, i should warn you that the extended transaction support (XA
transactions) in Mq series client has to be installed separately, does
not come bundled with the client by default.

If you did not have the client jars, iam assuming glassfish
classpath-suffix does not contain these jars. And without this your
generic ra configuration will not be complete. I dont know how Web
sphere connects to MQ series, they might have the client libraries built
in, because of the tighter integration they have.

Thanks
-Ramesh