dev@genericjmsra.java.net

[Fwd: Re: Question about GenericJmsRa]

From: Ramesh <rameshp_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:54:09 +0530

attached mail follows:

Thanks , the stack trace helps, an exception listener is set for both
outbound and inbound connections. I thought the problem was with the
inbound connection.
With the stack trace it shows that its for outbound connections,

This check
public void setExceptionListener(ExceptionListener excptLstnr)
        throws JMSException {
        if (!this.inACC()) {
            throw new JMSException(
                "Conncetion.setExceptionListener() cannot be called on
non-ACC clients");
        }

        checkIfClosed();
        this.physicalJMSCon.setExceptionListener(excptLstnr);
    }

in the GRA code is present for a reason, because the Java EE spec
forbids calling setExceptionListener() on a connection from within a Web
container or EJB container code, But the weblogic ejb code is calling
this method.

But here is what WLS documentation says :
http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs92/jms/recover.html

/Connection with Registered Exception Listener/ - If the JMS Connection
has an application ExceptionListener registered on it, that
ExceptionListener's |onException()| callback will be invoked even if the
connection is implicitly refreshed. This notifies the application code
of the network disconnect event. The JMS client application code might
normally call |connection.close()| in |onException|; however, if it
wants to take advantage of the reconnect feature, it may choose not to
call |connection.close()|. The registered ExceptionListener is also
migrated transparently to the internally refreshed connection to listen
for exceptions on the refreshed connection

The last line is what i guess is causing the problem,
Iam not a WLS expert but , could you find if there is a way to disable
setting this exception listener setting on a managed connection

Thanks
-Ramesh

>>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90