dev@fi.java.net

Re: setFeature Bug?

From: Tatu Saloranta <cowtowncoder_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:30:13 -0800 (PST)

Paul, since I'm quite interested in "all things stax",
I was curious about this comment in particular:

--- Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM> wrote:

> With respect to what we have planned, the next
> changes would be in
> relation to better performant integration into JAXB
> 2.x and JAX-WS 2.x
> e.g. currently we do not take advantage of all the
> encoding algorithms
> for use with JAXB (only the base64 encoding
> algorithm). To do this
> properly will require some augmentations to the StAX
> API and therefore

I was curious as to what features would these be, and
whether they'd be implementation-specific extensions
(customer properties for sjsxp), or actual additions
to a later stax api/specs revision (1.1 or 2.0)?
There are lots of things that could be added, and many
maybe should be added... not to mention tons of
underspecified things in 1.0 specs.

-+ Tatu +-

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com