dev@fi.java.net

Re: JAXB and of base64 data and FI

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:56:52 -0700

Paul Sandoz wrote:
> Since the JAXB FI serializer is very simple and inherits mostly from the
> JAXB StAX serializer we could generate the documents using the FI
> StAXDocumentSerializer and the JAXB marshaller. The chance of a bug is
> small.

OK. I'll test marshal -> FI -> unmarshal route then.

Note that this won't test the case where FI gives us a base64 data
whereas JAXB expects it to be text.

> For belts and braces we could test that the infoset parsed from the XML
> output and the FI output of JAXB marhsalling are equivalent. I think
> this is important anyway in the future when the change the serializer.
> This might also show up inconsistencies in the binary data to character
> conversion between JAXB and FI.

OK. JAXB uses DOM comparator to check the equivalence. So I'll check the
equivalence of marshal -> UTF8 -> DOM and marshal -> FI -> DOM.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi