dev@fi.java.net

Re: JAXB modification of Name

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:57:02 +0200

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
> Paul Sandoz wrote:

>>> Since for JAX-RPC one JAXB context will be used it should be possible
>>> to reuse these arrays for fragments. However i am not sure yet how to
>>> ensure smooth interoperation between JAX-RPC and JAXB. I might need a
>>> special separate encoder or may need to turn XMLOutput into an
>>> interface. Too early to tell yet.
>>>

>> After some further rummaging around it seems better overall to turn
>> XmlOutput into an interface and rename the old one to
>> XmlOutputAbstractImpl. So i have done that.
>

> Thanks. Really the only reason to make it the abstract class in the
> first place was that invoking a method on an abstract class is hopefully
> faster than invoking a method on an interface.

That could be true. I did not think of that. I am not sure what the
difference in calling would be between an abstract method and an
interface method, or even a overridden non-final method. I know that
making methods final, or the concrete class final, can make a difference.

We can measure the performance difference between two different builds
to see if it makes a difference.

> I didn't see your commit messages to the jaxb2-sources project. Are
> these changes committed?

Not yet, I was waiting for a reply from you to say it was A-OK :-) For
now i will avoid committing any direct FI functionality. I will do this
today.

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question