dev@fi.java.net

Re: JAXB modification of Name

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kohsuke.kawaguchi_at_sun.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:37:55 -0400

Paul Sandoz wrote:
>> Since for JAX-RPC one JAXB context will be used it should be possible to
>> reuse these arrays for fragments. However i am not sure yet how to
>> ensure smooth interoperation between JAX-RPC and JAXB. I might need a
>> special separate encoder or may need to turn XMLOutput into an
>> interface. Too early to tell yet.
>>

> After some further rummaging around it seems better overall to turn
> XmlOutput into an interface and rename the old one to
> XmlOutputAbstractImpl. So i have done that.

Thanks. Really the only reason to make it the abstract class in the
first place was that invoking a method on an abstract class is hopefully
faster than invoking a method on an interface.

I didn't see your commit messages to the jaxb2-sources project. Are
these changes committed?

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi