dev@fi.java.net

Re: JAXB Hook for FI

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 10:15:05 +0200

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
> Paul Sandoz wrote:
>
>> That is why i thought that additional methods on the XmlVisitor would
>> be more efficient it is possible to match the parser and XmlVisitor
>> requirements before the parser reports an 'optimized' event.
>

> I'm sorry, what was the suggested change to XmlVisitor?

I thought it might be possible for the vistor to say what is the
corresponding type of the data that will be associated with a text
event. The FI could check this type and if it matches the algorithm data
could call an optimized method, if it does not match it could convert
the data to characters.

I think inheriting the CharSequence is cleaner, but slightly less optimal.

>> Also attributes can also contain optimized data.
>

> OK. I'll work on this.

OK.

Paul.

--