dev@fi.java.net

Re: Samples need updating

From: Joe Wang <joe.wang_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:05:54 -0800

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 08:49, Paul Sandoz wrote:
> Joe Wang wrote:
> >>I am thinking it might be better to have a specific example of Fast
> >>Infoset serializing using the SAX API i.e. making calls directly a bit
> >>like some of the algorithm unit tests.
> >

> > So construct a small FastInfoset document like you did in
> > AlgorithmTest.createBuiltInTestFastInfosetDocument, rather than
> > transforming a XML file to FI doc?
>
> Yes, i think this would make a good example. Try to pick some example
> XML infoset similar to the infoset of the XML example files.

Yes, I'll use the content of one the sample XML files.

> > Making direct calls as in the method
> > (createBuiltInTestFastInfosetDocument).
> > We'll then create a couple of "transform" samples under transform
> > package.
> >

> Yes.

Okay.

> >>Your nicely formated table got garbled by the emails :-)
> >>

> > My setting was "send in plain text". Next time, I'll try html format and
> > see if it preserve the table better.
> >

> It might be two things:
>
> 1) Tabs. They tend to get all messed up so i always use spaces; and
>
> 2) Text per line longer than 80 characters.

Tabs -- another example of having no universal standard, 80 chars/line
though, is a quasi-standard. :-)
Evolution formats email messages nicely, for example, "> ...." lines are
grayed out. But I guess it handles other formating slightly difference
from say, Thunderbird.

Joe