users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: Passivation of Entity Beans

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 15:30:39 -0800

Looks like I didn't reset the change bars on the optional doc...

But answering your question, this text came from extracting anything
BMP/CMP (a.k.a. "entity beans") related from "4.2.1 Instance Passivation
and Conversational State" of EJB 3.1 (maintenance update by Linda).

It says, "If an entity bean is referenced from a stateful session bean
[...] In addition to the rules described in EJB Core Contracts and
Requirements document[18] Subsection 4.2.1 [...] " entity beans refs can
be stored in non-transient fields. It doesn't say how those refs are
passivated.

Do you have a suggestion for a better text?

Experts, does anybody else feel strong about rewording this section?

thanks,
-marina