users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Passivation of Entity Beans

From: Carlo de Wolf <cdewolf_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 14:09:50 +0100

I don't get EJB 3.2 Optional EDR 3.8.3.

Apart from the fact that it does not matter how an entity is referenced,
passivation of entities is a different beast from session bean passivation.

Session bean passivation is a life-cycle change to outside storage,
entity bean passivation is a life-cycle change to 'stateless' pooled
object. It makes no sense to serialize it to storage. If the pool is not
large enough the container can just discard as the real state is in the
backing persistence store.

Carlo