users@ejb-spec.java.net

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Review request: EDR books uploaded to java.net project page

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:22:13 -0800

Experts,

I uploaded EDR versions of both books of the EJB 3.2 spec. Please review
the changes before the books go to the JCP site for an official
submission. If you don't have any comments, please let me know if you
are ok with the EDR in its current state.

The books have the change bars (the Optional Chapters changes are very
minor) and all the changes are listed in the Revision History sections.

Other than all the cleanups and clarifications (thank you very much to
everybody who helped with this activity), the following had been added
to/changed in the spec (the corresponding parts of the revision history
are prepended with *New:*) :

* Added asynchronous session bean invocations and non-persistent EJB
Timer Service support to EJB 3.2 Lite.
* Removed restriction to obtain the current class loader; changed ‘must
not’ to ‘should exercises caution’ when using the Java I/O package.
* Added support for the lifecycle callback interceptor methods of
stateful session beans to execute in a transaction context determined by
the bean’s transaction management type and any applicable transaction
attribute.

Have a nice reading!

-marina