jsr345-experts@ejb-spec.java.net

[jsr345-experts] Re: Working draft documents are available for review

From: Stefan Heldt <stefan.heldt_at_holisticon.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:40:58 +0200

+1 for the applause :-)

+1 for moving all EJB 2.1 stuff into the optional part. There are surely many pros and cons for this, but is it really good to have parts of 2.1 mandatory and others optional? With JAX-RPC we already have the beginning of a "dumping ground", but imho that's the nature of a document called "Optional Features"

Regarding the transaction attributes for asynchronous calls (8.3.7 core ), I'd like to see only REQUIRED and NOT_SUPPORTED as for MDBs. REQUIRED and REQUIRES_NEW have the same effect anyway, so it's only confusing to allow for both. I know that this is in contradiction to Adam's proposal in EJB_SPEC-6 :-) and I'm happy to discuss it. The same should apply to timeout callback methods.

And finally two minor editorial comments for the core document:
page 23, chapter 1.5: "two documents" are followed by three bullet points and two of them are explained. Should be like 1.2 of the optional document
page 62, chapter 4.1: JPA isn't part of this spec anymore

Regards
Stefan!