Oracle® Java Mission Control for Eclipse is a set of plug-ins for the Eclipse IDE designed to help develop, profile
and diagnose applications running on the Oracle® Java HotSpot VM.
Java Mission Control includes tools to monitor, manage and profile your Java application without
introducing the performance overhead normally associated with tools of this type. Java Mission Control's low performance overhead is a result of the tight integration with the HotSpot VM. Java Mission Control
functionality is always available on-demand, and the small performance overhead is only in effect while the tools are running.
These properties make the Java Mission Control tools uniquely positioned to be used on systems running in production.
Version 6.0.0 is now available. It supports the HotSpot VM.
For JRockit JVM support, use an Oracle® JRockit Mission Control 4.x version.
Note that any prior versions of JMC MUST BE UNINSTALLED from Eclipse before installing JMC 6.0.0.
- Supports Java Flight Recorder.
- Supports HotSpot VM, JDK 8 and later (including JDK 9).
- Integrates with the Eclipse IDE offering jump-to-source code from classes and methods.
- Requires Eclipse 4.5 or later.
- Requires any previously installed versions of JMC 4.x or 5.x to be uninstalled before installing JMC 6.
- Note that you need to run your Eclipse on a JDK (version 8 or above) installation for all features to work. For more information on this,
especially for JDK 9, please see the Run Eclipse on JDK HOWTO.