dev@ws-test-harness.java.net

[Fwd: Re: More on: Dispatch and new test harness]

From: Ken Hofsass <Kenneth.Hofsass_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:36:28 -0700

Doesn't look like Kathy's email went through to the harness alias.
Forwarding... -- Ken

attached mail follows:

Ken-
Thought about this.

Ken Hofsass wrote:

> Caveats yet to be corrected:
> 1. server side is still running wsimport, even though it's a provider
> endpoint - can be automatically detected and skipped.

With a Dispatch client, it is not necessary to have a provider endpoint.
Tests for Dispatch will need the flexibility to run against WSDL
Endpoints as well.

> 2. client side is still running wsimport even thought it's a
> dispatch... thinking of adding an boolean 'dispatch' attribute to the
> <client> element in the descriptor. Since if client talking to a
> WSDL-less provider, wsimport would obviously fail. Thoughts?

That's ok, however, it brings up another issue regarding Dispatch
clients using JAXB data binded Objects. The Dispatch test does need a
way to use
xjc to generate these objects before the tests. In some of the Dispatch
unit tests with JAXB Objects, xjc is used while in other unit tests
wsimport is the
tool used. Developers might use either tool so it would be good if the
test harness flexibility provided for use of either.

cheers-
Kathy