dev@ws-test-harness.java.net

Re: Need to add webservices-tools.jar to runtime classpath

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:55:52 -0700

In the spirit of open-source, let's have these discussions at
dev_at_ws-test-harness.dev.java.net.

Bhakti Mehta wrote:
> I am trying to port the RM tests and ran into an issue where the
> webservices-tools.jar was not in runtime classpath and it throws
> NoClassDeffoundError.

It's important to think about what's broken and what's the proper fix.
If you think about it, runtime is not supposed to depend on tools.jar.
So if our test harness caught that, that's one bug the harness found.

So we should fix this bug in WSIT, and it's not a problem of the test
harness.

> This is because com.sun.tools.ws.api.wsdl.TWSDLExtensionHandler lies in
> webservices-tools.jar and webservices.jar has a META-INF/services entry
> pointing to
> the above class which cannot be found at runtime. I have added an entry
> to Main.java which got me ahead.

The question is, if TWSDLExtensionHandler is for tool-time extension,
why is the manifest entry in the runtime jar? Is this just a
mis-packaging of the service entry? Or is this a bigger problem?

> I added similar cases for WsitWS in Main.java though not tested it.
> Let me know if there is a better option for this?
>
> Btw Kohsuke did you forget to checkin JavacWrapper? I am unable to build
> my workspace .

I'm sorry. I'll check my workspace asap.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi