dev@ws-test-harness.java.net

Re: handlers in the test harness?

From: Bobby Bissett <bobby.bissett_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:14:24 -0400

> OK. I'm hoping that not many tests will use it, so I think we should
> just let test data include this file.

That sounds best. We shouldn't work too hard on it since it won't happen
much. If a lot of people start dropping handlers into tests, we can make
a simple list syntax for people to use (since it's not a goal of ours to
test every bit of the jax-ws handler code). You're right that the short
hand doesn't save a lot.

> Is this one per endpoint? Or is this one per service? Is this something
> the harness can find by using a convention, or does it something the
> user need to write to test descriptor?

It's one per service, so at the most there would be two files (client
and server). I think we could have a simple convention
"client-handlers.xml" and "server-handlers.xml" that people could drop
in and the files would look just like the one I attached to an email
earlier.

Cheers,
Bobby