users@woodstock.java.net

Missing Body Element

From: Robert Hook <rahook_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:33:18 +1000

And the next problem arises, which is very close to enough for me to
start advising people to abandon woodstock:

I followed the instructions at
<http://www.netbeans.org/kb/60/web/updatewoodstock.html> to obtain and
install the 4.3 build 6 (7/2/2008), and now EVERY jsf page is showing
up with this error in the designer view:

"Missing Body Element
There seems to be a missing body element, which is preventing the
Visual Designer from displaying the page. You must edit either the
Java source file or the JSP source file, depending on where the error
is, to correct the error."

This includes brand new pages and pages that perviously were just
fine. Ok, I'm sure that somebody is going to respond "oh, tell the
netbeans people". Please don't. That response will be as useful as the
response here <http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5339092>
made to someone with a very similar problem. Either the documentation
is wrong, netbeans is wrong, or the libraries are wrong, and I don't
really care which. The sum of the documentation that is published will
lead to anyone else trying to sort out woodstock problems to do
exactly what I did, and come up with the same problem, so just
brushing it of as somebody else's problem is not going to do anything
except give me an aneurysm.
--
----
mailto:rahook_at_gmail.com