users@woodstock.java.net

Re: table's actions don't work ?

From: HandyGeek <thompsonwd40_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:24:21 -0600

Hi Diego, list,
I too, have a similar problem with NB6.1, JavaEE, VWP project, using
Woodstock table, and controls on the form, and using JPA to an Oracle
backend. Unlike your problem below, mine is an unpredictable situation,
occurring infrequently: User fills in the text fields and controls,
click the "Add" button (or the "Update" button), the form flickers,
appearing to refresh but no new record (or updates), and the contents of
the fields are initialized - that is, the user input is lost.

I sprinkled system messages throughout my code, and inside each button
action method. On those infrequent times that this occurs, even the
message in the button click event does not execute. The App server does
not post any messages reflecting a button click. It is as if the button
was never clicked, however; and the contents of all fields are
initialized. I enter identical data, with the data working many times,
then, unpredictably - it doesn't work, so this is not a data conversion
or validation problem, furthermore; the JSF lifecycle is never executed
as I have phase listener messages that never print.

I cannot deploy this application until this is fixed, and I cannot
replicate, or reproduce the event.

Seeking advice on this.

/David