users@woodstock.java.net

Re: downloaded and installed NetBeans with Project Woodstock components

From: Ratnadeep Bhattacharjee <Ratnadeep.Bhattacharjee_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:31:25 -0400

ilango_g wrote:
> This is in response to my own post recently.
>
> I have downloaded and installed NetBeans 6.1 with the Woodstock Components).
> Does that mean I do not have to download these components separately (?).

No you don't.
> How would I proceed after that?
You can either use Visual Web to assemble your application by dragging
and dropping components from the design palette to the design surface or
you could hand code the JSP pages.

There is a tutorial that helps you get started step by step. I would
urge you to try the examples out.

http://developers.sun.com/learning/javaoneonline/j1lab.jsp?lab=LAB-4540LT&yr=2008&track=1
> I have looked at the tutorials and
> documentation section, but I do not know where to start. I would like to
> build a form with at least one input control for now, connect to a data
> source, validate the data, add CSS styling, etc.
>
> Any guidance in this matter is very appreciated.

Also, look at the example app that shows the components in use. The src
code is available as part of the application.
http://webdev2.sun.com/example/faces/index.jsp