users@woodstock.java.net

Re: [SOLVED] Does woodstock ajax require client side state saving?

From: Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:42:44 -0700

Ryan de Laplante wrote:
> The javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD context-param in web.xml was a
> duplicate. Visual Web Pack put a ton of settings on one line
> including this one, set to server. Once I removed my dupe
> context-param and set the first one to client, the weird unexplainable
> behaviors went away.
> So I would say yes Woodstock does require client side state saving for
> some things to work properly.
>
> Ryan
Something to consider: in Mojarra 1.2_05 and above there is an option to
serialize the view state to the session when using
server-side state saving. See the 1.2_05 change log [1] for details on
the option.

If you try it, I'd be interested knowing if it resolved your issue. It
may be preferable to use over client state saving due to
the larger bandwidth usage associated with client state saving.

[1] https://javaserverfaces.dev.java.net/rlnotes/1.2_05/changelog.html

-rl