users@woodstock.java.net

Re: [SOLVED] Does woodstock ajax require client side state saving?

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:21:31 -0400

The javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD context-param in web.xml was a
duplicate. Visual Web Pack put a ton of settings on one line including
this one, set to server. Once I removed my dupe context-param and set
the first one to client, the weird unexplainable behaviors went away.

So I would say yes Woodstock does require client side state saving for
some things to work properly.

Ryan