users@woodstock.java.net

Re: Table checkboxes offset when in webuijsf:property

From: Dan Labrecque <Dan.Labrecque_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 13:25:39 -0400

I doubt this has anything to do with the LIFECYCLE_ID property in
web.xml. Sounds like a symptom, but probably just user error relating to
how facets are used.

When using a JSF <f:facet> tag, only one component can be a child. In
order to use more than one component, you must add a container such as
<f:subview> or <webuijsf:panelGroup>. For example:

  <f:facet name="actionsTop">
    <f:subview id="actionsTop">
      <jsp:include page="actionsTop.jsp"/>
    </f:subview>
  </f:facet>

Note that you always want to provide a unique id -- adding <f:subview>
tag will help. JSF will try to provide one for you, but it's always best
to set this yourself. Especially if you're using Java to create
components dynamically.

Dan