users@woodstock.java.net

TabSet does not store values in backing bean

From: Stefan Bley <stefan.bley_at_saxsys.de>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 06:32:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi woodstock users,

I've got a complex page whit a lot of input fields, so I decided to split it
user-friendly into 3 pieces. I've done this using a TabSet with 3 tabs. When
all 3 tab pages have been completed by the user, he is presented a Submit
button to send the data.

Now the problem is: When a user fills in the values in tab 1 and swtiches to
the next tab, the values of tab 1 are not stored in the backing bean. Thus,
when he clicks on Submit button after completing tab 3 all data from tab 1
and 2 are lost. Why isn't it stored in the bound properties within the
backing bean?

Regards, Stefan