users@woodstock.java.net

Re: selectMultipleButtonOnClick for TableRowGroup?

From: Vanessa Black <Vanessa.Black_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 11:28:37 -0600

That said, I think you misinterpreted my proposed solution. For the 4.3 release, I will modify the group de/select all buttons to call the existing de/selectMultipleButtonOnclick attributes -- I don't plan to add new ones.

Now that I think about it - I have a question about this. Are you planning to make this happen by default? If so that could introduce unexpected behavior: There may be functions that you want to apply only when all of the rows de/selected - these functions may not make sense if only one of the many rowgroups is de/selected.  Would there be a way chose whether or not you want this behavior?

Vanessa

Dan

Vanessa Black wrote:
I'll file the issue - but I'll need a way around the tableRowGroup not having the attribute - as it stands my user can select all rows of a group and still not get actionbuttons to be enabled (because there is no tableRowGroup onclick to attach a script to).  So I do need the extra de/selectMultipleButtonOnclick attributes for tableRowGroup.

Vanessa

Dan Labrecque wrote:
Ok, I'll see what I can do for the 4.3 release. Sounds like the existing selectMultipleButtonOnClick attribute will work for you Vs adding another attribute to tableRowGroup. Please file a bug/REF if you would like to track the issue.

Dan

Vanessa Black wrote:
Yes I'm already using the table's de/select all buttons and I'm using it's onClicks - it is just that we also have another layer where the rows can be de/selected - the row group de/select all.  - That's where I also need to be able to enable/disable buttons based on rows that get checked this way.

Vanessa

Dan Labrecque wrote:
Vanessa Black wrote:

Dan Labrecque wrote:
Please note that JavaScript attributes, such as onClick, are placed on the table row (td tag). And setting a checkbox selection via JavaScript does not execute its onClick event.

If you set the table's selectMultipleButtonOnClick attribute, we will invoke your function whenever a user clicks on the select multiple button. (This will select all rows in the table.) Unfortunately, we never created such a feature for the tableRowGroup tag. (You're the first to ask for it.)

This seems to be a basic need, to me, when you have multiple row groups in a table with the selectMultipleToggleButton = "true" and with action buttons that you need to enable/disable depending on whether rows are checked or not. It should be the same requirement that you've set for the table's multiple selection button.

Potentially, we could have the group's toggle button call this same function?

Hmm...could you explain a little more about what you mean here?

It means that you only need to set the table's selectMultipleButtonOnClick attribute. If you're using the table's de/select all buttons, you must have set that already?

Dan

Vanessa

Dan

Vanessa Black wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a table with multiple tableRowGroups where I need to invoke a javascript function when I click on a checkbox in a row - I have this working. This function also needs to be invoked when the group checkbox is clicked. I'm not getting that to work with 4.2 GA version. I don't see some kind of selectMultipleButtonOnClick attribute for TableRowGroup where I can assign that javascript function. I do see the onClick for TableRowGroup but I don't get the javascript function invoked when I assign it   - it does toggle the checkboxes within the rowgroup - but the javascript does not get invoked.

Thanks for any guidance here,

Vanessa