users@woodstock.java.net

Re: broken accordion

From: Kenneth Suter <Kenneth.Suter_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:06:57 -0500

Thanks Dan and Deep for the response. Answers inline. I'll work on
putting together a small deployment that isolates the problem.

Dan Labrecque wrote:

> Kenneth Suter wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was surprised to find that the accordion in our application broke
>> in Firefox when I upgraded the Woodstock jars from 4.2 build 3 to 4.2
>> build 5. The tabs on the accordion to not expand when clicked.
>> Firebug displays 'Error: createWidget has null props' in its
>> console, as the page is loaded containing the accordion.
>
> I was able to test build 5 on Firefox (2.0.0.9 on Solaris & 2.0.0.13
> on Mac) and do not see any issues with accordion. Have you tried
> clearing your browser cache?
Yes.

> I can forward an internal pointer to the Woodstock example app
> (running build 5), if you want something to compare?
Is this the same as the example app accessible through the Preview link
on woodstock.dev.java.net? I did look at that for help but didn't
learn anything.
>> When the console log is created, the 'props' var appears as
>> 'undefined' or the string "_onWidgetReady".
>
> Can you forward a copy of the console log? We don't output a "props"
> var in the that I'm aware of. And "_onWidgetReady" is a private
> function, which has nothing to do with accordion.
I can't figure out how to copy the full console log. Here's a simple
cut and paste although I don't know how interesting this is:

GET
http://localhost:8080/eve/theme/com/sun/webui/jsf/suntheme4_2-080320/javascript_uncompressed/dojo/_firebug/firebug.js
(23ms)bootstrap.js (line 1420)
GET
http://localhost:8080/eve/theme/com/sun/webui/jsf/suntheme4_2-080320/javascript_uncompressed/theme/nls/suntheme.js
(46ms)bootstrap.js (line 1420)
GET
http://localhost:8080/eve/theme/com/sun/webui/jsf/suntheme4_2-080320/javascript_uncompressed/widget/accordion.js
(12ms)bootstrap.js (line 1420)
GET
http://localhost:8080/eve/theme/com/sun/webui/jsf/suntheme4_2-080320/javascript_uncompressed/widget/accordionTab.js
(13ms)bootstrap.js (line 1420)
GET
http://localhost:8080/eve/theme/com/sun/webui/jsf/suntheme4_2-080320/javascript_uncompressed/widget/alert.js
(13ms)bootstrap.js (line 1420)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)
Error: createWidget has null props bootstrap.js (line 8224)

When I set a breakpoint at line 8224, for the first iteration Firebug's
Watch content looks like:

this: Object_props=Object keyCodes=Object
domNode: span
message: undefined
obj: undefined
position: "last"