users@woodstock.java.net

Re: Ajax Errors

From: Dmitry Kushner <Dmitry.Kushner_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 22:50:14 -0600
Jason,

here is the stack of execution with potential debug points ( on textField example):
  1. jsfx.textField.processSubmitEvent()
  2. dynafaces ( publishes Ajax call)
  3. server _ you can monitor incoming requests ( HTTP monitor)
  4. ( server) JSF code  - java - runtime/com.sun.webui...ajax.TextFieldRenderer
  5. ( back on client)
  6. dynafaces
  7. jsfx.textField.submitCallback()
  8. textfield.setProps()

Jason Suplizio wrote:
Thanks, but to clarify, when I say capture, I didn't mean view them in Firebug, I mean that I need to deal with them in my javascript. Here's a scenario to help clarify:

I have a user entering text into a textField component and when they click on the submit button i call textField.submit() - which fires off and asynchronous request. However, there is a failure either sending or receiving the response...therefore I need to show an alert to tell the user that there is a communication problem with the server.

So, how can I capture an async request/response failure? Isn't 4.1.1 built on prototype? Would it be possible get prototype's Ajax.Base.responseIsFailure property for a specific component?

Any advice would be appreciated?
Jas