users@woodstock.java.net

included stylesheets override suntheme

From: Kenneth Suter <Kenneth.Suter_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:42:08 -0500

In our Woodstock 4.2 application, we have a page in which dojo has been
introduced in order to render a modal dialog. Getting this to work
requires inclusion of a couple of dojo style sheets which I had
specified as link tags like:

        <webuijsf:head binding="#{HeadBean.head}" parseOnLoad="true">

            <webuijsf:link type="text/css" url="http://o.aolcdn.com/dojo/1.0/dijit/themes/tundra/tundra.css"/>

            <webuijsf:link type="text/css" url="http://o.aolcdn.com/dojo/1.0/dojo/resources/dojo.css"/>

One problem with this however seems to be that since the dojo style
sheets are loaded after the suntheme stylesheets, some suntheme
selectors are being overridden by the dojo versions meaning the rendered
page does not look precisely like it should with regard to fonts and
layout spacing.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get around this?

Thanks,

-Kenneth