users@woodstock.java.net

Re: Updating text fields with progress bar

From: Dmitry Kushner <Dmitry.Kushner_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:09:12 -0600
There are couple approaches you can take:
where someId is the id of textField

In either case, if you want to update view without page reload, some Javascript needs to be used

Louis Polycarpou wrote:
I'm successfully running a progress bar example which updates its own status at regular process intervals.  I'm now looking to update other text fields on the page when the progress bar is at certain intervals but I can't seem to find a way to do this.  I've tried binding the field to a variable which I change the value of when the progress bar interval changes.  I've also tried finding the component instance from the FacesContext and updating the TextField value with setValue() but again this has no effect.

Does anyone have an idea of how to do this?

Thanks,
Louis