users@woodstock.java.net

Re: login component not rendered following use of JSF page nav

From: Bill Edwards - Sun BOS Software <Bill.Edwards_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:13:36 -0500

I was waiting for Deep to respond, as he is the author and expert on
this component.
The Login component is an Ajax based component. It initially renders
"empty" (if
you will). When the component is "started", it makes an XHR request
back to the
server (using Dynamic Faces) to start the login sequence and get the
first LoginModule
callback instance. This callback instance determines the widgets to be
rendered within
the Login component's client side space. So, I think you have to
render the page and
start the Login widget on the client, to get things rolling.

Its the validation method that is used by the Login comonent to
communicate with
the JAAS loginContext, etc.

So I'm not sure I can answer the question as to the phase
listener..... Deep?