users@woodstock.java.net

Re: Popup menu's eventListener/eventListenerExpression attribute doesn't work with facelets

From: Venkatesh Babu <Venkatesh.M_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:16:29 +0530

I believe we only have a "menu" component and no "actionMenu" component
exists.
There seems to be a bug with the tld doc example.

EventExpression/EventListenerExpressions are similar to
actionExpression/actionListenerExpressions
but they have a value associated with the "action". In this case, it is
the selected option of the menu.

But, actionExpression/actionListenerExpression did not work with
facelets and hence, people used the deprecated
 action/actionListener attributes instead. Since the
action/actionListener attributes were already deprecated with jsf1.2 and
actionExpression/actionListenerExpression were introduced, we just went
ahead with providing eventExpression/eventListenerExpression attributes.

I guess if we had had something like "event"/"eventListener" equivalent
attributes, then that would have served the purpose for facelets until
that particular bug with facelets had been fixed.

-Venky